Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Jeehong Min <je...@parasoft.com> on 2006/10/19 18:46:28 UTC

Axiom and WSS4J

Hi,

Are there plans to consolidate the XML object models in Axiom, Axis, and
WSS4j?  As far as I know, WSS4j is still based on the traditional DOM
(org.w3c.dom).  So, if I wanted to sign an Axiom OMNode or SOAPEnvelope,
is the best thing to serialize and transform into a DOM?

Also, if someone is familiar with the Rampart module, would you mind
explaining how it provides the link between Axiom OMNode and WSS4j DOM
nodes?

Thanks.

--
Jeehong Min
Software Engineer - Service Oriented Architecture Solutions

"We Make Software Work"

Visit the SOAtest forum: http://forums.parasoft.com/

Re: Axiom and WSS4J

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
OK... here's another version :-)

WSS4J is based on org.w3c.dom.* stuff. And right now there are no
plans to implement WSS4J (and XML-Sec) in axiom.

Since Axis2 uses Axiom as its object model we developed a new DOM
implementation which is also an AXIOM implementation - We call it DOOM
[1].

When performing security processing on AXIOM objects in Rampart we
convert the AXIOM structure to DOOM. Then we use the resultant DOOM
object structure to feed into WSS4J/XML-Sec and to flow through axis2
[2].

Converting a given OMElement into DOOM is very simple as shown below:

StAXOMBuilder builder = new
StAXOMBuilder(DOOMAbstractFactory.getOMFactory(),
omElement.getXMLStreamReader());

org.w3c.dom.Element elem = (org.w3c.dom.Element)builder.getDocumentElement();

Thanks,
Ruchith

[1] http://people.apache.org/~ruchithf/rampart-images/doom.png
[2] http://people.apache.org/~ruchithf/rampart-images/rampart-outflow-handler.png