Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/31 17:47:13 UTC

SIP-10: Solr 9 examples: Can we use Ref Guide as a dogfood example?

Hi,
I need a sanity check.

I am in the planning stages for the new example datasets to ship with
Solr 9. The one I am looking at is great for structured information,
but is quite light on full-text content. So, I am thinking of how
important that is and what other sources could be used.

One - only slightly - crazy idea is to use Solr Reference Guide itself
as a document source. I am not saying we need to include the guide
with Solr distribution, but:
1) I could include a couple of sample pages
2) I could index the whole guide (with custom Java-code) during the
final build and we could ship the full index (with stored=false) with
Solr, which then basically becomes a local search for the remote guide
(with absolute URLs).

Either way would allow us to also explore what a good search
configuration could look like for the Ref Guide for when we are
actually ready to move beyond its current "headings-only" javascript
search. Actually, done right, same/similar tool could also feed
subheadings into the javascript search.

Like I said, sanity check?

Regards,
   Alex.

Re: SIP-10: Solr 9 examples: Can we use Ref Guide as a dogfood example?

Posted by YOGENDRA SONI <so...@gmail.com>.
Any good text Information Retrieval dataset may be a good candidate.
https://github.com/harpribot/awesome-information-retrieval#datasets
these datasets have benchmarks and sample queries also.

Posted by David Smiley <ds...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
What about 200.000 Jeopardy questions in JSON format?
https://www.reddit.com/r/datasets/comments/1uyd0t/200000_jeopardy_questions_in_a_json_file/ <https://www.reddit.com/r/datasets/comments/1uyd0t/200000_jeopardy_questions_in_a_json_file/>

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.