Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "G.W. Haywood" <ge...@www.jubileegroup.co.uk> on 2000/12/17 15:15:34 UTC

[OT] C/C++ module for Apache.

Hi all,

Apologies for off-topic post.

Somebody a while ago asked on this List if there was a C module which
would do for C source code what things like Apache::ASP and Embperl
would do for Perl source code.  At least I think that's what he asked.

About the middle of the year I was playing with an Apache C/C++ module
which would one day (maybe) go some way towards this.  Unfortunately I
haven't had any sizeable chunks of spare time since then so it's still
just an embryo at the moment.  It runs on Linux at least.  There are
all kinds of unanswered questions about the design.  Anyway, maybe
someone will have more time than I do to take it a little further.

The inquisitive find it at:

ftp.jubileegroup.co.uk/pub/apache/src/modules/ged/

If nothing else it might help someone who doesn't know how to make a C
module for Apache but wants to have a go.  Of course there are ample
instructions and a nice example in the Apache distribution.  If I get
a barrage of email about this I might write some proper documentation,
or I might go into hiding.

73,
Ged.