Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Barry Becker <Ba...@esi-group.com> on 2017/01/20 16:38:29 UTC

how to install/deploy mesos on a cluster?

I have built and installed mesos 1.1 in my Ubuntu VM and now would like to install it on a cluster of 4 nodes (running Centos). How can I do this?
Do I need to manually build and install mesos on each of the 4 nodes? Can I zip something up on my VM, then copy it to the nodes and unzip it. Are there scripts that will do it?
There is already an old version of mesos (0.27) installed on the cluster which I would like to keep. There will be a "mesos" symlink that will point to either /opt/mesos-0.27 (currently installed) or /opt/mesos-1.1 (what I would like to add).

Re: how to install/deploy mesos on a cluster?

Posted by Jay Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Barry, no it doesn't matter if you are using Ubuntu or CentOS. I
suppose by Mesosphere you were referring to DC/OS (after all,
Mesosphere is a company)? Then the answer is yes, you can just install
a Mesos cluster without having any component from DC/OS.

cheers,
/J