Posted to imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2008/09/23 11:40:38 UTC

Re: Imperius project

Dear Pedro Gonçalves,

The Imperius project is incubating and has a number of developers who
are working on the code base.

If you have difficulties, please use the imperius-dev at
incubator.apache.org to ask questions or get installation issues
resolved. The project is not quite at the level of maturity to have a
large user base.

The project is not abandoned.

Best regards,

Craig

On Sep 23, 2008, at 1:33 AM, Pedro Gonçalves wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>

> A student of mine is working on the development of a CIM-SPL client
> for the WBEM technology. He started to install the inperius
> framework and contacted me after finding several problems with the
> installation. He reported me problems related with the manifest
> version during the installation of the imperius framework in a Linux
> Operating system, as well as several problems in the installation in
> MS Windows. I took a look in the imperius web page and I noted a
> lack of activity in the project web page / project mailing lists.
> I’m concerned with the student success and with the fact that he
> might spend its efforts with a discarded project.
>
> So I’m contacting you in order to know the future of the project; do
> you plan to maintain the imperius as an open source project, or will
> it be abandoned as an open source developing effort? Do you have any
> feedback about the imperius utilization inside of the academical
> community, or in the industry?
>
> Thank you very much for your attention.
>
> My best regards,
>
> Pedro Gonçalves
>
> --
> Pedro Alexandre S. Gonçalves
>
> Escola Superior de Tecnologia e Gestão de Águeda
> Rua Comandante Pinho e Freitas, nº 28
> 3750 – 127 Águeda
> Tel: (+351) 234 611 543
> Fax: (+351) 234 611 540
> Web: http://www.estga.ua.pt/PagePerson.aspx?id=2173&b=1
> Email: pasg@ua.pt

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Imperius project

Posted by Neeraj Joshi <jn...@us.ibm.com>.
Hey All,
FYI I just did a refresh of our website.

Thanks
Neeraj
"The light at the end of the tunnel...may be you"

Neeraj Joshi
WebSphere XD - Compute Grid
AIM, IBM
Apache Imperius - http://incubator.apache.org/imperius

Neeraj Joshi/Durham/IBM@IBMUS
09/23/2008 09:45 AM
Please respond to
imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org

imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
cc
Pedro Gonçalves <pa...@ua.pt>
Subject
Re: Imperius project

Hello Pedro,
As Craig mentioned the project is still active, there are a number of
active users. I know of atleast 1 university research team working with
imperius.
The website has not been updated lately but the code base has been
evolving and the mailing lists have been active.
Thanks
Neeraj
"The light at the end of the tunnel...may be you"

Neeraj Joshi
WebSphere XD - Compute Grid
AIM, IBM
Apache Imperius - http://incubator.apache.org/imperius