Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by John <jo...@jak.com> on 2006/07/12 23:57:58 UTC

[ myFaces - Tobago ] - Some instances of IE just don't work

I have our application running fine in Firefox - it includes Tobago
server side tabbing

Thought it worked in IE...

We deployed our application to customers.

Now we're getting reports back that some of their employees are using it
just fine within IE 6.
But for others, they login just fine, but doing anything within the
application (tab switching, commands, etc), just refreshes the page.

It now behaves this way for me also in IE 6.
The funny thing is that while investigating this, the version of Windows
nor the version of IE consistently produces the behavior. (Two exactly
same versions of IE 6 on the same version of Windows - one works one
doesn't)

One anomalies I noticed.
We have a Tobago sheet that is populated.
Usually (in Firefox or IE that works), when refreshing, the selections
still remain after the refresh. Even if deleting a row, the selection
remains, but on the row that replaced the deleted row.
With this broken behavior - all selections are cleared upon refresh.

I'm totally confused...

Thanks,
John

Re: [ myFaces - Tobago ] - Some instances of IE just don't work

Posted by Volker Weber <we...@googlemail.com>.
Hi John,

just a quick guess:

in IE < 7.x you need ActiveX enabled to make AJAX work.

regards,
  Volker