Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by ro...@us.ibm.com on 2000/02/24 19:36:28 UTC

Re: [BUG?] first "xmlns" attribute of root element causes network connection on non-validating parsing.

I shouldn't speak for the Java folks, but yes it sounds like the
experimental schema support stuff. I would have thought that it would be
disabled by default and that you'd have to turn it on, but maybe that's not
true.

Dean Roddey
Software Weenie
IBM Center for Java Technology - Silicon Valley
roddey@us.ibm.com

Ryosuke Nanba <Ry...@justsystem.co.jp> on 02/24/2000 03:31:00 AM

Please respond to xerces-dev@xml.apache.org

To:   xerces-dev@xml.apache.org
cc:
Subject:  [BUG?] first "xmlns" attribute of root element causes network
      connection on non-validating parsing.

Hi everyone,

I found Xerces-J's non-validating parser(default configration of
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser) try to establish network
connection on some cases.

#  Version number of Xerces-J: 1.0.2 and 1.0.0
#  Version number of JDK: 1.2.2

following cases cause network connection.

 <x:html xmlns="http://horobi.com/" xmlns:x="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
 </x:html>

following cases parsed silently.

 <x:html xmlns:x="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
 </x:html>

 <x:html xmlns:x="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns="http://horobi.com/">
 </x:html>

Maybe, only when the first attribute of the root element is "xmlns",
parser access URL of it's value (to read schema entity?).

Is it right behavior ? or BUG?
# I don't know much about XML Schema...
---
     NANBA Ryosuke