Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by JWillhardt <jw...@googlemail.com> on 2010/03/01 14:05:01 UTC

memory leak in SimpleTokenStore

Hi,

I'm using the secure conversation sample to encrypt my webservice messages.
I did some load tests of an axis2 service on versions 1.3 and 1.4.1 and
recognized a gain in heap after some time. When analysing the heap dump I
found about 4.500 entries in the org.apache.rahas.SimpleTokenStore.
Basically for every request that has been sent to the service an entry is
stored in the SimpleTokenStore (implementation of TokenStorage). I think
about 99% of the tokens are in state EXPIRED but never cleaned up, why is
that? After some thousands requests to the service it is only a matter of
time until it runs in an java OutOfMemory Exception.
I figured to somehow clean up the TokenStore manually but it seems there is
no method to do so. Am I doing something wrong?
Actually I found that in rampart 1.5 there is the possibility to use your
own TokenStorage (rampart config "tokenStoreClass") but that would mean to
update the application which I really want to avoid. Thanks for any help!

Brgds
Jens