Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by "Butterfield, Brian" <bu...@aware.com> on 2009/09/10 14:16:58 UTC

ODE and Rampart

I'm using Rampart WS-Security with username authentication to protect
ODE BPEL scripts.  I'm also using Rampart to add WS-Security username
headers when I'm invoking another web service.  I would like to
"forward" the incoming username/password to the service being invoked.
To do this I need to get access to the incoming Message Context, is it
possible to access this from ODE BPEL?

Thanks,
-Brian

Re: ODE and Rampart

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
No, it's not currently possible.

I have been working with Tammo on specifying a BPEL extension that would
ultimately support this kind of use-cases very cleanly.

The spec is posted at:
http://ode.apache.org/process-contexts.html

However, there's been some spec changes since this was posted so the page
needs updating.  It should give you the gist, though.

alex