Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Hopgood, Amanda" <Am...@logicacmg.com> on 2005/03/04 12:33:33 UTC

connections in fin_wait_2 states

I have a problem when I use axis 1.2RC1 or RC3, where if I use
CommonsHTTPSender in my client wsdd file, then I can have my sockets
left in FIN_WAIT2/CLOSE_WAIT combinations.

This occurs when my axis application sends out the HTTP request to
remote application, and the remote application sends back response, and
closes socket, but does NOT send back a Connection:close header in their
response. This results in the connection at the remote application
staying in FIN_WAIT_2 state, and on my side as CLOSE_WAIT.

Is there anyway I can resolve this problem? I have not seen this problem
when I've used commons httpclient for other applications when axis is
not used.

Regards,
Amanda Hopgood