Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Jens Riboe <je...@ribomation.com> on 2008/02/19 20:02:44 UTC

problem with svn via https - pls help

I have problem with Continuum not not being able to checkout from svn
via https, because of a SSL cert validation error.

Provider message: The svn command failed.
Command output:
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/pub/DateCalc/trunk'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/pub/DateCalc/trunk': Server certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted (https://www.ribomation.com)

However, I can sucessfully checkout using either of
svn co https://...
mvn scm:checkout

the .subversion/servers file contains certs defs (CA + SSL cert)
ssl-authority-files =
/etc/certs/ribomation_com.crt.pem;/etc/certs/www_ribomation_com.crt.pem

Continumm is running at
* Tomcat 6.0.14
* Java 1.6.0_03-b05
* Ubuntu Server 7.19  (2.6.22-14/i386)
Tomcat runs as user 'tomcat' and the checkout commands above is
performed using that user in its home dir

So, my question is:
What is the key difference of how Continuum handles svn (under user
tomcat) and a user 'tomcat' doing checkouts directly?
Do Continuum SCM/svn uses the settings in ~/.subversion?
Where else should I look for a configuration of svn, for usage by Continuum?

Here is a log snippet, showing Continuum uses svn within a shell cmd:
187758 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Checking out
project: 'DateCalc', id: '2' to '/var/cache/tomcat/continuum/work/2'.
187783 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.scm.manager.ScmManager:default  - Executing: /bin/sh -c
"cd /var/cache/tomcat/continuum/work && svn --non-interactive checkout
https://www.ribomation.com/svn/pub/DateCalc/trunk 2"
187784 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.scm.manager.ScmManager:default  - Working directory:
/var/cache/tomcat/continuum/work
187897 [pool-1-thread-1] WARN
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Error while
checking out the code for project: 'DateCalc', id: '2' to
'/var/cache/tomcat/continuum/work/2'.
187897 [pool-1-thread-1] WARN
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Command output:
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/pub/DateCalc/trunk'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/pub/DateCalc/trunk': Server certificate
verification failed: issuer is not trusted (https://www.ribomation.com)

187897 [pool-1-thread-1] WARN
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Provider message:
The svn command failed.

Thanks
    /jens

Re: problem with svn via https - pls help

Posted by bruno waes <br...@gmail.com>.
this is exactly the same problem i am running into ...

Posted by Witold Buczynski <b_...@o2.pl>.
I got similar problem with Continuum under Windows.

If you try to check out project with subversion and use authorization
settings from subversion directory be sure that you don't run application
server (i.e. Tomcat) as a service. Services are run by user SYSTEM which
ignores this settings.

Regards

Witold B.

Re: problem with svn via https - pls help

Posted by Jens Riboe <je...@ribomation.com>.
OK. Thanks anyway.
I could carry on with plain http access.
    /jens

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jens Riboe <je...@ribomation.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.