Posted to tdk-dev@turbine.apache.org by Tom Mahaffey <ma...@starband.net> on 2001/04/08 04:00:41 UTC

Initial try at newapp with tdk-1.1a13

I have finally dipped my big toe into the Turbine waters, and had
some minor difficulty getting my first 'newapp' running.

1) newapp.props tried to build a peer app by default (minor
thing...just different from what I read in README_FIRST.txt)

2) After editing newapp.props and running newapp.sh, javac
complained about not finding some servlet classes during the
build.  I noticed that servlet.jar, naming.jar, and jndi.jar were
in the bin directory, so I added './bin' to the classpath path
along with ./share/tdk-lib and ./lib in newapp.xml

3) Also in newapp.xml, I had to disable deprecation, and saw
a warning for FluxAction.

After these changes, I was able to build my newapp, get
Tomcat started, and reach the 'Welcome to the Turbine TDK'
page.  Ahhhh....success.

I saw some mention of not needing serlvet.jar in tdk1.1a13
in the mbox archive, but this was not my experience.  Maybe
I totally missed something?

 -mahaffey