Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org> on 2014/08/13 01:25:53 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 3.1.0 RC1

Hi everyone,
This is a call for a vote on Apache Phoenix 3.1.0 RC1. This is the
next minor release of Phoenix compatible with the 0.94 branch of
Apache HBase and will be our first release as a top level project. The
release includes both a source-only release and a convenience binary
release.

In addition to lots of bug fixes, the follow new features were added:
- Support for derived/nested tables
- Support for MINVALUE, MAXVALUE, and CYCLE in sequence creation
- Detect index write failures and perform partial rebuild automatically
- Chunked iteration for non limited queries to reduced latency and
prevent unnecessary spooling
- Easier integration with third-party tools by not requiring Phoenix
to be on the main classpath.
- Implementation of a Pig Loader
- Support for ANY/ALL constructors for ARRAYs
- Allow connection to secure cluster by specifying keytab and principal on URL
- New operators and built-in functions: %, ENCODE, DECODE, LPAD,
FIRST_VALUE, LAST_VALUE, NTH_VALUE

For a complete list of changes, see:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/apache/phoenix/3.0/CHANGES

The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/phoenix-3.1.0-rc1/src/

The binary artifacts can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/phoenix-3.1.0-rc1/bin/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/mujtaba.asc

KEYS file available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/phoenix/KEYS

The hash and tag to be voted upon:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=commit;h=702881c3ed0f3a47471f5a3bcfd38d0b7f457539
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/v3.1.0-rc1

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Please vote:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,
The Apache Phoenix Team

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 3.1.0 RC1

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the feedback, Vaclav. I agree, we need to fix these, so
I'll -1 this RC.

I have a revised fix for PHOENIX-965 and we're looking at
PHOENIX-1047. We'll roll a new RC once these fixes are in.

Thanks,
James

Posted by Vaclav Loffelmann <va...@socialbakers.com>.
Hi,