Posted to users@maven.apache.org by chetan mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/09 05:45:23 UTC

Exploded EAR structure

We are in the process of converting our project from Ant based built to
Maven one. Till now we were using weblogic split directory structure for the
devlopment. As in that we do not need to make the ear/war for every little
changes. How to do this with Maven.

If split is not directly possible then can we have a exploded directory
structure.Or any other way to avoid making ear/war everytime. We also want
this option for working on JSP's . As we generally deploy from the
exploded/split directory so any changes done in the jsp are immediatly
reflected.

Any suggestion on achieving this would be helpful.

--
Chetan Mehrotra

Re: Exploded EAR structure

Posted by chetan mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wayne,
           Thanx for the instant reply. We were looking for Maven for its
integrated report generation structure. As the support for various reporting
tools is quite impressive.

As you mentioned that we can use maven for complete web-app generation. Is
it still possible with the exploded or split directory structure.
Intermediate steps I would get done by using Ant scripts. But report
generations we wanted with Maven.

Would it be still possible with it. Say by writing any plugin.Or maintaining
such strutures with Maven is out of its scope

--
Chetan Mehrotra

Re: Exploded EAR structure

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.