Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Yaron Avital <ya...@diffdoof.com> on 2008/07/03 11:30:56 UTC

Debugging Shindig Running on Apache Tomcat

Hi All,

I'm hosting shindig on Apache tomcat 6.0.16, everything's works just fine.

I've failed to understand how can I debug shindig using Eclipse 3.4.

Any insights?

Thanks,

Yaron Avital

Diffdoof.com

Re: Debugging Shindig Running on Apache Tomcat

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
you might try

tomcat/bin/catalina.sh jpda run

which will open/should open a JPDA debugging port on 8000

You can then start a remote debugging session in Eclipse.

Searching Google for "Tomcat remote debugging eclipse" should turn up
something, or one of the eclipse support lists.

Ian

(BTW, that was for tomcat 5.5 but I think its the same in 6)