Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com> on 2017/08/24 02:45:45 UTC

What became of Aether/Ant tasks...

Hey all,

Now that Aether has moved it's way back to Apache as the Maven Resolver, what's become of the Aether/Ant taks?

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Aether/Ant_Tasks

Mark

---
"The ease with which a change can be implemented has no relevance at all to whether it is the right change for the (Java) Platform for all time." &mdash; Mark Reinhold.

Mark Derricutt
http://www.theoryinpractice.net
http://www.chaliceofblood.net
http://plus.google.com/+MarkDerricutt
http://twitter.com/talios
http://facebook.com/mderricutt

Re: What became of Aether/Ant tasks...

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
they are waiting for love, for somebody to really test and release

I did the integration in our Maven structure (with git, site [1], CI) while I
was migrating Aether to Maven Artifact Resolver, checking that the build
passes: but nobody seemed interested (until now?) to test it and have a
release

If somebody wants to work on it, it should be ready to work inside code and do
improvements

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://maven.apache.org/resolver-archives/resolver-ant-tasks-LATEST/