Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dale Newfield <Da...@Newfield.org> on 2008/03/17 19:28:07 UTC

Re: [struts] Struts 2 and JSP 2.0 tags

Kalpesh Modi wrote:
> Is there anyway to use the JSP 2.0 tag files and the Struts 2.0 tags together.

Yes, all you have to do is add the taglib at the top of your .tag file
so that you can refer to the s: tags.  The difficulty comes in passing
arguments.  At first I was only able to successfully pass the top of the
VS, but that's brittle (and only really supports 1 argument well), so
I've changed over to passing objects as tag attributes.  In order to do
this you must pass using EL, not OGNL.

I found that arguments from one .tag file to another didn't work
correctly in tomcat6.  (But it does in tomcat5.5 and in glassfish.)

-Dale

Re: [struts] Struts 2 and JSP 2.0 tags

Posted by Kalpesh Modi <mo...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Dale very much for your help.