Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org> on 2005/05/19 11:22:16 UTC

[??] browser delegation process ?

(note the [??] indicating that I don't know the component, maybe we
could make this part of the guidelines)

Hi,

within our research project we came to the need of concrete framework
where two web-applications "delegate" the browser from one to the other
and back.
In a sense, this is an extension of the notion of hyperlink...

Did anyone meet such a framework ?
It would, probably, be something around servlets using web-services...

thank you

paul

Re: [??] browser delegation process ?

Posted by Mattias J <ma...@expertsystem.se>.
At 2005-05-19 15:38, you wrote:
>Le 19 mai 05, à 12:47, Mattias J a écrit :
>>At 2005-05-19 11:22, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
>>>within our research project we came to the need of concrete framework
>>>where two web-applications "delegate" the browser from one to the other
>>>and back.
>>>In a sense, this is an extension of the notion of hyperlink...
>>>
>>>Did anyone meet such a framework ?
>>>It would, probably, be something around servlets using web-services...
>>
>>Do you mean you want to push the client/browser back and forth, as in
>>response.sendRedirect("/otherApp/...") or should this occur on the
>>server, as with RequestDispatcher.include() but across applications?
>
>I want to send them from one server to the other, for example, using a
>redirect but the issues is about ensuring I `can' send it there (does the
>resource exist, is it possible for this user?, which URL should I give
>him?), also, I would like to be notified of the end of activity at the
>other browser so that the browser `comes-back' to my site.

Seems Web Services would be your best shot.

Re: [??] browser delegation process ?

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
Le 19 mai 05, à 12:47, Mattias J a écrit :
> At 2005-05-19 11:22, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
>> within our research project we came to the need of concrete framework
>> where two web-applications "delegate" the browser from one to the
>> other and back.
>> In a sense, this is an extension of the notion of hyperlink...
>>
>> Did anyone meet such a framework ?
>> It would, probably, be something around servlets using web-services...
>
> Do you mean you want to push the client/browser back and forth, as in
> response.sendRedirect("/otherApp/...") or should this occur on the
> server, as with RequestDispatcher.include() but across applications?

I want to send them from one server to the other, for example, using a
redirect but the issues is about ensuring I `can' send it there (does
the resource exist, is it possible for this user?, which URL should I
give him?), also, I would like to be notified of the end of activity at
the other browser so that the browser `comes-back' to my site.

Clearly, send-redirect is the first-step... or a link.

Posted by Mattias J <ma...@expertsystem.se>.
At 2005-05-19 11:22, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
>within our research project we came to the need of concrete framework
>where two web-applications "delegate" the browser from one to the other
>and back.
>In a sense, this is an extension of the notion of hyperlink...
>
>Did anyone meet such a framework ?
>It would, probably, be something around servlets using web-services...

Do you mean you want to push the client/browser back and forth, as in
response.sendRedirect("/otherApp/...") or should this occur on the server,
as with RequestDispatcher.include() but across applications?

   /Mattias J