Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by ha...@web.de on 2001/12/12 15:28:13 UTC

Hi!

Is it possible to use the User management that turbine provides without having a database as its backend? The data that I want to present with the Turbine/Velocity framework are stored in XML files, and I don't want to force possible users to install a database just for storing user information.

Thanks,

Hauke

Re:

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On 12/12/01 9:28 AM, "haukehildebrandt@web.de" <ha...@web.de>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to use the User management that turbine provides without having
> a database as its backend? The data that I want to present with the
> Turbine/Velocity framework are stored in XML files, and I don't want to force
> possible users to install a database just for storing user information.

You have to implement your own user management system, there is no xml store
yet.

> Thanks,
>
> Hauke

jvz.