Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Vincent <vi...@xaymaca.com> on 2006/03/05 04:30:32 UTC

[OT] RSS Subsciptions

Hello, sorry to ask these RSS questions here. Please
feel free to pint me to a more appropriate source.
Anyway:
1) Is there a way to know how many people are subscribed to a
RSS feed?
2) DO standalone rss readers send refferers that can be seen in a log file?
Thanks,
Vinny
--
Kings are Earth's Gods: in vice their laws their will
And if Jove stray, who dares say Jove doth ill? -Shakespeare

Re: [OT] RSS Subsciptions

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
On 3/4/06, Vincent <vi...@xaymaca.com> wrote:
> Hello, sorry to ask these RSS questions here. Please
> feel free to pint me to a more appropriate source.
> Anyway:
> 1) Is there a way to know how many people are subscribed to a
> RSS feed?

I would recommend using feedburner.com - especially if you're starting
a new blog.  If not, here's a good howto to make it transparent to
your users.

http://www.realityforge.org/articles/2006/03/04/integrating-feedburner

I don't use feedburner, but I recommend it to clients that expect to
have high traffic.

Matt