Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Erick Dovale <ed...@carosys.com> on 2005/12/17 01:19:26 UTC

FTP 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for "file name"

Hello there folks,
My apologies if this was previously asked. I was browsing in the
archives and could not find it.
I am trying to upload files to an ftp server using FTPClient from
commons-net-1.4.1. Every time I try i get error code 150 Opening ASCII
mode data connection for <the file name of the file I am sending>.
In the ftp folder the file gets created but with 0 bytes file size. I
have tried 2 different ftp servers and I get exactly the same in both of
them.
I am positive this may be a very simple configuration issue; I just can
not nail it.
Any hints???

thanks in advance..

erick.

Re: FTP 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for "file name"

Posted by Erick Dovale <ed...@carosys.com>.
I am sorry I forgot some details.
The actual problem is that after calling storeFileStream I am calling
FTPReply.isPositiveIntermediate(ftpClient.getReplyCode() and this
function returns false when passed the 150 reply code.
If I ignore this call and try to continuo transmision it hangs.
Hope that helps