Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jia Wang <ra...@appannie.com> on 2013/11/07 16:27:33 UTC

So where is the store file flushed to?

Hi Folks

"When something is written to HBase, it is first written to an in-memory
store (memstore), once this memstore reaches a certain size, it is flushed
to disk into a store file." So where is the store file flushed to? Local
storage of the region server? Or HDFS?

I'm a bit confused in this part, as I know the final compacted files will
be written to HDFS, am i right?

Thanks
Ramon

Re: So where is the store file flushed to?

Posted by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com>.
Also note that due to HDFS placement policy the store file is written
locally - we'll first replica of each of its blocks so it's dispersed
amongst the drives you have onto on the data node which is also the region
server.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.