Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Richard Greenane <Ri...@aurium.net> on 2002/08/01 23:03:30 UTC

Two portlets communicting together

Hi there,

I have written two portlets derived from AbstractPortlet. One portlet
makes calls to a backend architecture where it retrieves and displays
information. I would like the first portlet to have links around
particular pieces of data (i.e a persons name) and then when that link
is hit, the second portlet uses that name to get more information (i.e.
the persons address) and displays it in the second portlet.

I guess what I really want is a way to send a POST request to the second
portlet, containing a parameter that can then be used to get the right
information from my backend. How do I find out what the correct link is
for the second portlet, and what happens if that second portlet is not
assigned to the pane, does the portlet display itself automatically?

Has anyone done this before? I have read similar posts in the archive
but none solve my problem correctly.

Sorry..lots of question I know :-)

Many thanks in advance

Richard