Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Selva Govindarajan <se...@esgyn.com> on 2018/01/02 22:59:54 UTC

Contributing to apache/trafodion

The existing incubator-trafodion contributors can migrate to contribute to apache/trafodion using the following steps:

  1.  Create a new workspace using

git clone git@github.com@apache/trafodion<mailto:git@github.com@apache/trafodion>

  1.  Find the remote pointing to the existing fork. Usually, you would have created with your name. In my case

git remote -v

origin  git@github.com:apache/trafodion (fetch)

origin  git@github.com:apache/trafodion (push)

selvaganesang          git@github.com:selvaganesang/incubator-trafodion (fetch)

selvaganesang           git@github.com:selvaganesang/incubator-trafodion (push)

selvaganesang is my git id.

  1.  The existing cloned repository <your_git_id>/incubator-trafodion needs to be renamed as <your_git_id>/trafodion in the github.

In github

Go to profile->Repositories ->incubator-trafodion->settings

Change the name from incubator-trafodion to trafodion

  1.  Change the remotes in your workspace to point to the new repository
git remote rm <your_remote_id>
git remote add <your_remote_id>  git@github.com:<your_git_id>/trafodion<mailto:git@github.com:%3cyour_git_id%3e/trafodion>

Then you can push in your change as before. If you are not concerned with having "incubator" in the fork name, you just need to do step 1 and use the existing remote.

Selva

RE: Contributing to apache/trafodion

Posted by Selva Govindarajan <se...@esgyn.com>.
Hi Ming,

You can continue to use the same URL. But, you need to create a new workspace with new git URL

git clone git@github.com:apache/trafodion using your apache committer logon.

Selva

As a committer, I used to use below URL to push the approved RP into ASF repos. What is the new URL now?

git remote add apache https://liuming@git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/trafodion.git

Thanks,
Ming

Posted by Zalo Correa <za...@esgyn.com>.
Thank you for this information Selva!

One minor syntax change for this command:

git clone git@github.com:apache/trafodion

   or specify your own <work-directory>

git clone git@github.com:apache/trafodion <work-directory>

Zalo

It looks like junk got added in the command 1 somehow.

It should be