Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2007/10/01 11:12:24 UTC

Re: Strange behavior with helloworld-ws-service and it's ActiveMQ dependency.

On 9/28/07, Dinesh Shahane <ds...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I saw this error when I was trying to build just this module but it went
> away when I did a full build.
>
> I do see another error now at runtime (NoClassDefFound) in this module. It
> could be due to scope=test
>
> Helloworld-ws-service/pom.xml
>
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
>             <artifactId>apache-activemq</artifactId>
>             <version>4.1.1</version>
>             <scope>test</scope>
>         </dependency>
>
> It works fine once I change the scope to runtime.

compiling/running OK over the last few days with these JMS changes. I had to
change the ActiveMQ dependency to a "provided" dependency to get past it.
This seems right as there are compile time dependencies on some ActiveMQ
classes. I don't understand how it was working before though.

Simon

Re: Strange behavior with helloworld-ws-service and it's ActiveMQ dependency.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
ant elder wrote:
> How about splitting this into two separate samples one for jms and the other
> for http? (I'll do this if no one has any objections)
>
>    ...ant

+1 from me

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: Strange behavior with helloworld-ws-service and it's ActiveMQ dependency.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 10/2/07, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/1/07, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 10/1/07, Dinesh Shahane <ds...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > The dependency is due to programmatic startup of ActiveMQ broker. We
> > need
> > > it
> > > for SOAP/JMS and JMS binding tests unless we require the broker to be
> > > started manually from the command line.

Sounds like a fine idea to me.

Simon

Re: Strange behavior with helloworld-ws-service and it's ActiveMQ dependency.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 10/1/07, Dinesh Shahane <ds...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The dependency is due to programmatic startup of ActiveMQ broker. We need
> it
> for SOAP/JMS and JMS binding tests unless we require the broker to be
> started manually from the command line.

completely configured in the case that JMS is not being used. Not related to

Posted by Dinesh Shahane <ds...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.