Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Zhijiang <wa...@aliyun.com.INVALID> on 2020/06/24 15:03:12 UTC

[VOTE] Release 1.11.0, release candidate #3

Hi everyone,

This RC3 vote is re-launched for fixing the tag issue ([ANNOUNCE] -> [VOTE]) in email title and adjusting the vote period (72 hours -> 48 hours)
 based on the latest considerations.

Please review and vote on the release candidate #3 for the version 1.11.0, as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release and binary convenience releases to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2], which are signed with the key with fingerprint 2DA85B93244FDFA19A6244500653C0A2CEA00D0E [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "release-1.11.0-rc3" [5],
* Marta is also preparing a pull request for the announcement blog post in the works, and will update this voting thread with a link to the pull request shortly afterwards.

The vote will be open for at least 48 hours. It is adopted by majority approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Note we would probably have the next RC4 based on the latest feedbacks to cover mainly cosmetic/API changes, but most other testing efforts should be forwardable.

Thanks,
Release Manager

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12346364
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-1.11.0-rc3/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1376/
[5] https://github.com/apache/flink/releases/tag/release-1.11.0-rc3

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.11.0, release candidate #3

Posted by Zhijiang <wa...@aliyun.com.INVALID>.
I would close this RC3 vote as Piotr mentioned below, and the next RC4 would be ready for formal vote tomorrow.

Best,
Zhijiang

From:Piotr Nowojski <pi...@ververica.com>
Send Time:2020年6月26日(星期五) 15:21
To:Marta Paes Moreira <ma...@ververica.com>
Cc:dev <de...@flink.apache.org>; Zhijiang <wa...@aliyun.com>
Subject:Re: [VOTE] Release 1.11.0, release candidate #3

Hi,

I would vote -1 because of mainly the performance regression that we are currently investigating [1] and couple of bug fixes that didn’t make it to RC3, but are already fixed on release-1.11 branch [2], [3] and [4].

Piotrek

On 25 Jun 2020, at 16:23, Marta Paes Moreira <ma...@ververica.com> wrote:
Thanks, Zhijiang!

The PR for the release announcement blogpost is now available in [1]. Any feedback or comments are appreciated!

[1] https://github.com/apache/flink-web/pull/352

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pi...@ververica.com>.
Hi,

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-18433 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-18433>