Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Robert Bateman <bo...@sequoiallc.com> on 2004/09/27 17:23:32 UTC

The automatically deployed ?wsdl document

Apologies for the "newbie" question...

I'm attempting to diagnose "why" my web service is giving me an error whenever
I ask for the wsdl document for a newly deployed service.  I know the service
is not complete, but wanted to test the endpoint.  The error I'm getting when
I invoke http://localhost:8080/home/services/RegisterUser?wsdl  is

AXIS error

Could not generate WSDL!

There is no SOAP service at this location

Invoking http://localhost:8080/home/servlet/AxisServlet  gives me

And now... Some Services

RegisterUser (wsdl)
registerWebUser

so I know my service is "deployed" - even if it isn't perfect yet...  I get

RegisterUser

Hi there, this is an AXIS service!

Perhaps there will be a form for invoking the service here...

when I invoke http://localhost:8080/home/services/RegisterUser

Thanks much!

Bob

Re: The automatically deployed ?wsdl document

Posted by "Brian H. Ward" <gl...@gmail.com>.
Did you check server logs?  Axis is usually pretty good about dumping
into the logs when things go awry.

--- bhw

Posted by WAJSBERG Julien RD-BIZZ <ju...@rd.francetelecom.com>.
Robert Bateman a écrit :

>I tried that Karim.  I can "see" my service, but it appears I have something
>mis-configured in my service as I can't seem to get the WSDL to display.

I think you have to specify the wsdl file in your wsdd.
http://www.osmoticweb.com/axis-wsdd/wsdlFile.htm
also in http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/reference.html

Posted by Robert Bateman <bo...@sequoiallc.com>.

Posted by karim <k....@clipack.com>.