Posted to user@metron.apache.org by johannes schoenborn <jo...@owasp.org> on 2017/01/07 15:03:09 UTC

OSX Metron Dev Install broken?

Hi there,

2:00am here so might be me... I'd appreciate a quick look, otherwise
I'll happily dig after a few hours of sleep...

Posting as it might be interesting if it's really a general issue with
standard install.

Followed the docs @
https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/tree/master/metron-deployment/vagrant/full-dev-platform

which fails at

brew install
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/ee1273bf919a5e4e50838513a9e55ea423e1d7ce/Formula/ansible.rb

with

build/temp.macosx-10.12-intel-2.7/_openssl.c:710:6: error: conflicting
types for 'BIO_new_mem_buf'
BIO *BIO_new_mem_buf(void *, int);

log: http://pastebin.com/DsMzacEa
MacBookPro12,1 (2016)
More info at the end of the log

Cheers, thanks in advance, happy new year, gn8, and maybe sorry,
Johnny

Re: OSX Metron Dev Install broken?

Posted by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com>.
Just wanted to follow up and mention that I made this a bit simpler.  You
can run the following commands to get ansible 2.0.0.2 set-up:

```
curl
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/JonZeolla/8144b13bd1032ae4e05b954ef3176297/raw/ce2498b1392a661f95d5f16c8524c0c1866847b1/metron-ansible.rb

ansible.rb