Posted to user@spark.apache.org by pcandido <pc...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/20 10:38:28 UTC

Microbatches length

Hello folks,

I'm using Spark Streaming. My question is simple:
The documentation says that microbatches arrive in intervals. The intervals
are in real time (minutes, seconds). I want to get microbatches with same
length, so, I can configure SS to return microbatches when it reach a
determined length?

Thanks.

Re: Microbatches length

Posted by Paulo Candido <pc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot.
I'll check it.
Regards.

Em qui, 20 de out de 2016 às 10:50, vincent gromakowski <
vincent.gromakowski@gmail.com> escreveu:

You can still implement your own logic with akka actors for instance. Based
on some threshold the actor can launch spark batch mode using the same
spark context... It's only an idea , no real experience.

Le 20 oct. 2016 1:31 PM, "Paulo Candido" <pc...@gmail.com> a écrit :

In this case I haven't any alternatives to get microbatches with same
length? Using another class or any configuration? I'm using socket.

Thank you for attention.

Em qui, 20 de out de 2016 às 09:24, 王贺(Gabriel) <ga...@gmail.com>
escreveu:

The interval is for time, so you won't get micro-batches in same data size
but same time length.

Yours sincerely,
Gabriel (王贺)
Mobile: +86 18621263813 <+86%20186%202126%203813>

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 6:38 PM, pcandido <pc...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello folks,

I'm using Spark Streaming. My question is simple:
The documentation says that microbatches arrive in intervals. The intervals
are in real time (minutes, seconds). I want to get microbatches with same
length, so, I can configure SS to return microbatches when it reach a
determined length?

Thanks.

Paulo Cândido

--

Paulo Cândido

Re: Microbatches length

Posted by vincent gromakowski <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Microbatches length

Posted by Paulo Candido <pc...@gmail.com>.

escreveu:

> The interval is for time, so you won't get micro-batches in same data size
> but same time length.
>
> Yours sincerely,
> Gabriel (王贺)
> Mobile: +86 18621263813 <+86%20186%202126%203813>
>

> On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 6:38 PM, pcandido <pc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello folks,
>
> I'm using Spark Streaming. My question is simple:
> The documentation says that microbatches arrive in intervals. The intervals
> are in real time (minutes, seconds). I want to get microbatches with same
> length, so, I can configure SS to return microbatches when it reach a
> determined length?
>
> Thanks.

Paulo Cândido

Re: Microbatches length