Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Akshit Jain <ak...@iiitd.ac.in> on 2017/10/06 08:33:23 UTC

Nodetool Authentication

Hi,
For nodetool authentication I'm following this:
 https://support.datastax.com/hc/en-us/articles/204226179-Step-by-step-instructions-for-securing-JMX-authentication-for-nodetool-utility-OpsCenter-and-JConsole
<https://support.datastax.com/hc/en-us/articles/204226179-Step-by-step-instructions-for-securing-JMX-authentication-for-nodetool-utility-OpsCenter-and-JConsole>

I want to know the read access to the user in nodetool authentication gives
access to which all features available in nodetool?

Re: Nodetool Authentication

Posted by Akshit Jain <ak...@iiitd.ac.in>.
In this tutorial :
https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/3.0/cassandra/configuration/secureNodetool.html
In note section it is written "In Cassandra 3.0.8 and later, a user
designated readonly access can run nodetool info so that cluster monitoring
is available. In earlier versions, the user must have readwritepermission."
So when i give a read only access to a user in jmxremote.access: ,they can
still run all the nodetool commands.Why is this so?

Regards
Akshit Jain
B-Tech,2013124
9891724697

Posted by Horia Mocioi <ho...@ericsson.com>.

 https://support.datastax.com/hc/en-us/articles/204226179-Step-by-step-instructions-for-securing-JMX-authentication-for-nodetool-utility-OpsCenter-and-JConsole<https://support.datastax.com/hc/en-us/articles/204226179-Step-by-step-instructions-for-securing-JMX-authentication-for-nodetool-utility-OpsCenter-and-JConsole>