Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by bala sundaram <ba...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/01 05:40:43 UTC

Re: Error attaching an uploaded VHD volume to a VM

Hi Shanker,

  Sorry for the late response.  This option 'Storage - Volumes ->
volume_name -> Migrate Volume To Another Primary Storage' is only shown
only for the disk that is already there in a primary storage(Correct me if
wrong). A newly uploaded disk which resides in the secondary storage will
not show this option. I see only 2 options for it 1. Attach disk 2. Delete
disk.
Have tried the process again,

1. Create a new vm with datadisk.
2. Detach volume.
3. Download volume.
4. Upload it back.
5. Attach it to a vm.

It worked perfectly. Storage type also shows as shared. Not sure what
caused the problem last time. Thanks for your response :)

Thanks and Regards,
bala

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 12:18 AM, Shanker Balan <shanker.balan@shapeblue.com

Posted by Sanjeev Neelarapu <sa...@citrix.com>.
Hi,

An enhancement bug has been reported for supported local storage for uploaded volume. More details are @

Sanjeev

Posted by bala sundaram <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

  My bad. The volume which i used is shared not local. When creating a new
instance selecting custom size for disk creates a volume of type
shared(disk offerings are created as local). I dont have a shared
storage??? Any way it is a different issue. Will try with a local volume
again.

Thanks and Regards,
bala