Posted to announce@maven.apache.org by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org> on 2009/06/29 15:38:38 UTC

[ANN] Maven PDF Plugin 1.0 Released

The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven PDF Plugin, version
1.0.

This plug-in allows you to generate a PDF version of your project's documentation.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-pdf-plugin/

You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:

<plugin>
  <artifactId>maven-pdf-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>1.0</version>
</plugin>

Release Notes - Maven 2.x PDF Plugin - Version 1.0

Bug

     * [MPDF-7] - Relative images are not recognised in sub folders
     * [MPDF-13] - Copy resources from skin artifact
     * [MPDF-14] - Outputdirectory contains always working files

Improvement

     * [MPDF-2] - Allow table of contents to break across pages
     * [MPDF-4] - Resize images to fit into the page
     * [MPDF-5] - Make layout properties configurable
     * [MPDF-12] - Make cover page configurable
     * [MPDF-15] - New parameter to generate aggregate document and individual
documents

New Feature

     * [MPDF-9] - Use site.xml for PDF document structure

Task

     * [MPDF-6] - Schedule and release Doxia 1.1.1

Wish

     * [MPDF-1] - Ability to use pom properties in pdf.xml

Enjoy,

-The Maven team

Re: [ANN] Maven PDF Plugin 1.0 Released

Posted by Tony Chemit <ch...@codelutin.com>.
Le Tue, 7 Jul 2009 05:42:45 -0400,
Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> According the rst plugin page [1], it uses generated-site dir.
> Unfortunately, the PDF plugin doesn't handle this dir right now.
> Please create an issue [2]. A patch is always welcome!

Hi :)

We made the maven-jrst-plugin and we do not used it anylonger, we
prefer the use of a doxia-module-jrst [3]. So this is transparent for
us to generate a site. For example, we put our files in :

src/site/rst/myfile.rst
src/site/fr/rst/myFile.rst

and add in pluginManagement the following code :

 <plugin>
        <version>2.0</version>
        <dependencies>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>org.nuiton</groupId>
                <artifactId>doxia-module-jrst</artifactId>
                <version>1.0.2-rc-1</version>
            </dependency>
        </dependencies>
</plugin>

And that's it! nothing else to declare. So the rst files are
transformed in xdoc then doxia do the rest of the job.

I will have a look of the pdf plugin to find out what I can do but I'm
not at the moment very aware of mecanism used to generate site...

Anyway thanks for your reply,

Tony.

[3] http://maven-site.nuiton.org/jrst/

> 2009/7/6 Tony Chemit <ch...@codelutin.com>:
> > Great job :)
> >
> > I wonder if it is possible to use other format.
> >
> > We use rst as site document format, and we made a doxia-module to
> > embbded it.
> >
> > But could not generate a pdf, is there anything special to do in our
> > side to make this works with the pdf plugin ?
> >
> > Tony.
> >
> >  Le Mon, 29 Jun 2009 15:38:38 +0200,
> > Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org> a écrit :
> >

> >> The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven PDF
> >> Plugin, version 1.0.
> >>
> >> This plug-in allows you to generate a PDF version of your project's
> >> documentation.
> >>
> >> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-pdf-plugin/
> >>

> >> You should specify the version in your project's plugin
> >> configuration:
> >>
> >> <plugin>
> >>   <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
> >>   <artifactId>maven-pdf-plugin</artifactId>
> >>   <version>1.0</version>
> >> </plugin>
> >>

> >> Release Notes - Maven 2.x PDF Plugin - Version 1.0
> >>
> >> Bug
> >>
> >>      * [MPDF-7] - Relative images are not recognised in sub folders
> >>      * [MPDF-13] - Copy resources from skin artifact
> >>      * [MPDF-14] - Outputdirectory contains always working files
> >>
> >> Improvement
> >>
> >>      * [MPDF-2] - Allow table of contents to break across pages
> >>      * [MPDF-4] - Resize images to fit into the page
> >>      * [MPDF-5] - Make layout properties configurable
> >>      * [MPDF-12] - Make cover page configurable
> >>      * [MPDF-15] - New parameter to generate aggregate document and
> >> individual documents
> >>
> >> New Feature
> >>
> >>      * [MPDF-9] - Use site.xml for PDF document structure
> >>
> >> Task
> >>
> >>      * [MPDF-6] - Schedule and release Doxia 1.1.1
> >>
> >> Wish
> >>
> >>      * [MPDF-1] - Ability to use pom properties in pdf.xml
> >>

> >> Enjoy,
> >>
> >> -The Maven team

> > --
> >
> > Tony Chemit

Tony Chemit

Re: [ANN] Maven PDF Plugin 1.0 Released

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Tony Chemit <ch...@codelutin.com>.
Great job :)

I wonder if it is possible to use other format.

We use rst as site document format, and we made a doxia-module to
embbded it.

But could not generate a pdf, is there anything special to do in our
side to make this works with the pdf plugin ?

Tony.

 Le Mon, 29 Jun 2009 15:38:38 +0200,
Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org> a écrit :

> The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven PDF
> Plugin, version 1.0.
>
> This plug-in allows you to generate a PDF version of your project's
> documentation.
>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-pdf-plugin/
>

> You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:
>
> <plugin>
>   <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>   <artifactId>maven-pdf-plugin</artifactId>
>   <version>1.0</version>
> </plugin>
>

> Release Notes - Maven 2.x PDF Plugin - Version 1.0
>
> Bug
>
>      * [MPDF-7] - Relative images are not recognised in sub folders
>      * [MPDF-13] - Copy resources from skin artifact
>      * [MPDF-14] - Outputdirectory contains always working files
>
> Improvement
>
>      * [MPDF-2] - Allow table of contents to break across pages
>      * [MPDF-4] - Resize images to fit into the page
>      * [MPDF-5] - Make layout properties configurable
>      * [MPDF-12] - Make cover page configurable
>      * [MPDF-15] - New parameter to generate aggregate document and
> individual documents
>
> New Feature
>
>      * [MPDF-9] - Use site.xml for PDF document structure
>
> Task
>
>      * [MPDF-6] - Schedule and release Doxia 1.1.1
>
> Wish
>
>      * [MPDF-1] - Ability to use pom properties in pdf.xml
>

> Enjoy,
>
> -The Maven team

Tony Chemit

Re: [ANN] Maven PDF Plugin 1.0 Released

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.
Gefeliciteerd!

I was waiting for this :-).

2009/6/29 Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>:

> The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven PDF Plugin,
> version 1.0.
>
> This plug-in allows you to generate a PDF version of your project's
> documentation.
>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-pdf-plugin/
>

> You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:
>
> <plugin>
>  <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>  <artifactId>maven-pdf-plugin</artifactId>
>  <version>1.0</version>
> </plugin>
>

> Release Notes - Maven 2.x PDF Plugin - Version 1.0
>
> Bug
>
>    * [MPDF-7] - Relative images are not recognised in sub folders
>    * [MPDF-13] - Copy resources from skin artifact
>    * [MPDF-14] - Outputdirectory contains always working files
>
> Improvement
>
>    * [MPDF-2] - Allow table of contents to break across pages
>    * [MPDF-4] - Resize images to fit into the page
>    * [MPDF-5] - Make layout properties configurable
>    * [MPDF-12] - Make cover page configurable
>    * [MPDF-15] - New parameter to generate aggregate document and individual
> documents
>
> New Feature
>
>    * [MPDF-9] - Use site.xml for PDF document structure
>
> Task
>
>    * [MPDF-6] - Schedule and release Doxia 1.1.1
>
> Wish
>
>    * [MPDF-1] - Ability to use pom properties in pdf.xml
>

> Enjoy,
>
> -The Maven team

Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.
- - - - - - - -
| Author @ Manning Publications.
| CEO @ Phamola
| BGJUG-Bulgarian Java User Group Leader.
| Apache Maven Developer.
| Apache Jakarta PMC member.
| Jakarta Cactus Lead Developer.
| Codehaus Plexus Developer
| Blogger: http://weblogs.java.net/blog/paranoiabla/
Public PGP Key at:
https://keyserver1.pgp.com/vkd/DownloadKey.event?keyid=0x19658550C3110611
Key Fingerprint: A369 A7EE 61BC 93A3 CDFF  55A5 1965 8550 C311 0611