Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Steigerwald, Aaron" <as...@brandesassociates.com.INVALID> on 2022/05/20 17:52:36 UTC

OPENWIRE acceptor parameter not being used

Hello,

I'm trying to set the maxInactivityDuration parameter on an Artemis 2.21.0 OPENWIRE acceptor. I think I followed the directions correctly from https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/openwire.html. Here's what the acceptor looks like:

<acceptor name="Primary SSL">tcp://0.0.0.0:${artemis.port.broker}?protocols=OPENWIRE;sslEnabled=true;keyStorePath=${artemis.broker.keyStore.uri};keyStorePassword=${artemis.broker.keyStor
ePassword};trustStorePath=${artemis.broker.trustStore.uri};trustStorePassword=${artemis.broker.trustStorePassword};enabledProtocols=TLSv1.2;needClientAuth=true;supportAdvisory=false;suppressInter
nalManagementObjects=true;maxInactivityDuration=60000</acceptor>

However, my ActiveMQ client logs the following value received from the broker:

20 May 2022 13:41:53.319 DEBUG [ActiveMQ Transport: ssl://localhost/127.0.0.1:61629] - Received WireFormat: WireFormatInfo { version=12, properties={TcpNoDelayEnabled=true, SizePrefixDisabled=false, CacheSize=1024, ProviderName=ActiveMQ, StackTraceEnabled=true, PlatformDetails=Java, CacheEnabled=false, TightEncodingEnabled=true, MaxFrameSize=9223372036854775807, MaxInactivityDuration=30000, MaxInactivityDurationInitalDelay=10000, ProviderVersion=5.16.0}, magic=[A,c,t,i,v,e,M,Q]}

Also, my ActiveMQ client disconnects after 40 seconds (MaxInactivityDuration + MaxInactivityDurationInitalDelay) when using useKeepAlive=false.

What am I doing wrong? How can I get the Artemis OPENWIRE acceptor to recognize and use the maxInactivityDuration parameter?

Thank you,
Aaron Steigerwald

RE: [EXTERNAL]:Re: OPENWIRE acceptor parameter not being used

Posted by "Steigerwald, Aaron" <as...@brandesassociates.com.INVALID>.
Hello again,

Thank you for your reply. You are correct, it is working as documented. I did not think it was because the ActiveMQ client I tested with always receives a log entry (see below) indicating the broker's MaxInactivityDuration is using the default value 30000 regardless of the value I set in the Artemis broker's acceptor. I verified it was working with additional testing as well as adding logging code to Aretmis's org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.protocol.openwire.OpenWireProtocolManager.setMaxInactivityDuration method.

Thanks again,
Aaron Steigerwald

"Note at the beginning the InactivityMonitor negotiates the appropriate maxInactivityDuration and maxInactivityDurationInitalDelay. The shortest duration is taken for the connection."

So I'd guess the client is asking for 30sec+10sec given those are the defaults, and so that is what is used.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
From the documentation you linked: