Posted to users@maven.apache.org by fuvo <vf...@webde.de> on 2007/08/15 16:37:56 UTC

customized Site Skin/Template for use in different projects

Hi,

I searching for a way to make my own template/skin and use this in different
projects as default skin. As I understand, I have to put my created
template/skin in every project. But thats really not what I want.

What I want is:
my own skin jar (like
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/skins/trunk/maven-classic-skin/) which
will automatically used whenever I calll 'mvn site' on any project without
configuring this in every project. Generating the skin jar is no problem,
but I have no idea what I have to do that maven uses my skin instead of the
maven default skin.

Can anybody help me with this?

regards,

Volker

Re: customized Site Skin/Template for use in different projects

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Changes that are made to the site.xml file will *not* be picked up by
the site plugin in all cases. You need to do:
   mvn clean
   mvn site
to get those changes into the generated site.

fuvo wrote:
> Hello Wayne and Dennis,
>
> of course, we have our own parent pom which is the parent for all our
> projects. And of Course, I have found the documentation of the site plugin.
> But I cant see there, how and where I have to configure the use of our own
> site.
>
> Ok, I can change the site.xml to format the date and so on. But where do I
> have to announce it, so that all 'child' projects can inherit it just like
> the parent pom?
> If i put a changed site.xml (only the date changed as mentioned on the
> examples page of the site plugin) in a src/site dir of our parent pom, then
> it will be deployed in the repository parallel to our company.pom. But if i
> generate the reports, it has no effect to the generated site.
>
> Can anybody tell me how I can get this to work?
>
> regards, Volker
>

> Wayne Fay wrote:
>> Put the configuration in a parent and make all your projects derive
>> from it. Your skin has to be declared *somewhere* otherwise the
>> default is used.
>>
>> Wayne
>>
>> On 8/15/07, fuvo <vf...@webde.de> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I searching for a way to make my own template/skin and use this in
>>> different
>>> projects as default skin. As I understand, I have to put my created
>>> template/skin in every project. But thats really not what I want.
>>>
>>> What I want is:
>>> my own skin jar (like
>>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/skins/trunk/maven-classic-skin/) which
>>> will automatically used whenever I calll 'mvn site' on any project
>>> without
>>> configuring this in every project. Generating the skin jar is no problem,
>>> but I have no idea what I have to do that maven uses my skin instead of
>>> the
>>> maven default skin.
>>>
>>> Can anybody help me with this?
>>>
>>> regards,
>>>
>>> Volker
>>> --

Dennis Lundberg

Re: customized Site Skin/Template for use in different projects

Posted by fuvo <vf...@webde.de>.
Hello Wayne and Dennis,

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
fuvo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I searching for a way to make my own template/skin and use this in different
> projects as default skin. As I understand, I have to put my created
> template/skin in every project. But thats really not what I want.
>
> What I want is:
> my own skin jar (like
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/skins/trunk/maven-classic-skin/) which
> will automatically used whenever I calll 'mvn site' on any project without
> configuring this in every project. Generating the skin jar is no problem,
> but I have no idea what I have to do that maven uses my skin instead of the
> maven default skin.

You need to add that skin to your site.xml file.
Follow the instructions on this page, under the heading "Skinning":

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/examples/sitedescriptor.html

--
Dennis Lundberg