Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/19 21:05:11 UTC

ComponentType resolution issue on some plataform...

Investigating the build issues we were having on the continuum
environment (Ubuntu) I realized that the issue was that in Ubuntu, the
composite files were always scanned before the componentTypes, then,
when resolving the composites, the componentTypes being "resolved"
weren't properly initialized yet and this was causing different
problems as the contract details were not available yet.

For now, i workarounded the issue by processing the compoeite
resolution as the last step on the resolvePhase, but I think the
proper solution is to use similar pattern used in WSDL and make sure
the ComponentTypeResolver can properly initialize the componentType if
it's not resolved yet.

Thoughts ?

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: ComponentType resolution issue on some plataform...

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Luciano Resende wrote:
> Investigating the build issues we were having on the continuum
> environment (Ubuntu) I realized that the issue was that in Ubuntu, the
> composite files were always scanned before the componentTypes, then,
> when resolving the composites, the componentTypes being "resolved"
> weren't properly initialized yet and this was causing different
> problems as the contract details were not available yet.
>
> For now, i workarounded the issue by processing the compoeite
> resolution as the last step on the resolvePhase, but I think the
> proper solution is to use similar pattern used in WSDL and make sure
> the ComponentTypeResolver can properly initialize the componentType if
> it's not resolved yet.
>
> Thoughts ?

+1 from me. Yes, it'll be better to use the same pattern as WSDL and
others, i.e.:
- in ComponentTypeProcessor.read() only record the presence of the
.componentType
- in ComponentTypeModelResolver.resolveModel() load the .componentType
file and resolve its references to other models

--
Jean-Sebastien