Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Sangmin Lee <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/04 09:55:21 UTC

HDFS Append status ?

Hi all,

I am wondering if append for hdfs is supported in stable releases.
If not, what is the issue? ( I see code for append is already there in
repository )
Also where can I find the documentation of current semantic of append?
(I see some .doc files from HADOOP-1700 but not sure if they are out-dated)
Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Sangmin

Re: HDFS Append status ?

Posted by Dhruba Borthakur <dh...@gmail.com>.
My opinion is that HADOOP-5744 does nor change the major semantics that were
laid out in HADOOP-1700... e.g single appender, new reads see flushed data,
etc.etc If you can post your design on hdfs byzantine fault tolerant and
then describe the assumptions of hdfs-appends that it relies on, that will
be great.

thanks,
dhruba

Re: HDFS Append status ?