Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Fab Psycho <ps...@hotmail.com> on 2005/05/17 19:35:34 UTC

classes in WEB-INF

Hi,

    I'm using eclipse to build my classes and it generates classes in
myprojet/WEB-INF/classes/org/.... Problem is cocoon is waiting for classes
to be in webapp/WEB-INF/classes/org/.... Can I add a directive to my
application sitemap to look in application web-inf ?

Sorry if it's a little OT

Regards,
Fab

Re: classes in WEB-INF

Posted by Nouguier Olivier <ol...@wanadoo.fr>.
Hi all,
 Just to add a little tips on any process and eclipse.

 If:
1: tomcat is running within eclipse ( sysdeo plugin )
2: java src were sync with classes when tomcat started
3: eclipse is in debug perpertive
 then
 Src changes are immediatly visible without restarting tomcat, as long
as object interface are unchanged ( properties && method ).

Very usefull.

www.orcades.net

Re: classes in WEB-INF

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.
Here the first 30 lines of the build.xml that I am using inside Eclipse. Compiling the java sources
is one-line target, creating the jar more or less a two liner. Creating the war mainly copying of
file to get the right files in the war.

HTH,
Geert

PS: ${library.log4j} etc refer to entries in the (local.)build.properties file...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<project default="jar">

	<property file="local.build.properties" />
	<property file="build.properties" />

	<property name="javadoc.classpath" value="${library.log4j};${library.jintegra}" />

	<target name="compile" description="builds classfiles">
		<javac srcdir="./src" destdir="./bin" />
	</target>

	<target name="jar" depends="compile" description="creates jar">
		<mkdir dir="./dist" />
		<jar destfile="./dist/gps_as.jar" basedir="./bin" excludes="test/**" />
		<copy todir="./cocoon/webapp/WEB-INF/lib">
			<fileset file="./dist/gps_as.jar" />
		</copy>
	</target>

	<target name="war (tomcat)" depends="jar" description="creates warfile with tomcat config">
		<delete dir="./temp/cocoon-webapp" />
		<copy todir="./temp/cocoon-webapp">
			<fileset dir="./cocoon/webapp" />
		</copy>
		<copy file="./config/cocoon_prod.xconf" tofile="./temp/cocoon-webapp/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf"/>
		<delete file="./temp/cocoon-webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml"/>
		<delete dir="./temp/cocoon-webapp/WEB-INF/logs"/>
		<war destfile="./dist/gps_as_tomcat.war" basedir="./temp/cocoon-webapp"
webxml="./config/tomcatweb.xml" update="false" />
	</target>

=====================================

Re: classes in WEB-INF

Posted by Fab Psycho <ps...@hotmail.com>.