Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by ka...@schneider.com on 2005/07/14 18:39:18 UTC

[mina] Socket reuse?

Julien,
I found the following thread titled "Socket reuse?". You answered that
socket creation time very minimal. Does that mean I can't reuse an open
socket connection?
http://www.archivum.info/dev@directory.apache.org/2005-07/msg00006.html

Time to open a socket connection may be low, but what I am facing is my
legacy server side does other stuff when a new connection is made. So if I
keep opening and closing connection for every request, performance suffers.
Is it possible to add this feature in MINA to reuse connection (if it is
not available)?
Sadat Karim
Information Technology
Schneider National, Inc.
karims@schneider.com
920-592-2540

Re: [mina] Socket reuse?

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karim,

2005/7/15, karims@schneider.com <ka...@schneider.com>:

> Julien,
> I found the following thread titled "Socket reuse?". You answered that
> socket creation time very minimal. Does that mean I can't reuse an open
> socket connection?
> http://www.archivum.info/dev@directory.apache.org/2005-07/msg00006.html

You *can* reuse the connection while it is open. Connection is never closed
if you didn't call session.close() method explicitly.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/