Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Paul Burba <pa...@softlanding.com> on 2006/07/12 13:11:13 UTC

Re: Feature request: rename after move/copy

> On 7/9/06, Gavin Lambert <ga...@compacsort.com> wrote:
> > Quoth Garrett Rooney [rooneg@electricjellyfish.net]:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > There is actually already some work being done on this.  Paul
> > > Burba has some work in progress patches to make it possible.
> >
> > Cool.  Any idea when this will make it into the stable branch?
>
> At this point, most likely Subversion 1.5, although I suppose there's
> an outside chance it could end up being backported to 1.4, it depends
> whether it's considered a "bug fix" or not.
>
> -garrett

Hi All,

Actually the last I left this it was back in Ivan's hands (though at the
time he was at risk of bursting into flames):

"Ivan Zhakov" <ch...@gmail.com> wrote on 06/22/2006 09:42:41 AM:

> On 6/22/06, Paul Burba <pa...@softlanding.com> wrote:
> > Paul Burba <pa...@softlanding.com> wrote on 05/25/2006 11:47:33 AM:

AM:

> > Hi Ivan,
> >
> > I was wondering what the status of these copy/move improvements is -
Are
> > you still working on this or have put it aside for now?
> >
> > If there is anything I can do to assist in moving it forward please
let me
> > know.
> >
> Paul, I'm really busy on other things, but it's major task in my todo
> list. I did some research and found your and rooneg patch almost
> right, but copyfrom_url/copyfrom_rev code need to be to refactored to
> separate function.
>
> PS: Other things that prevents me to finish this task that we have 34
> degrees centigrade and air conditioning system doesn't work in my
> office :((
>
> --
> Ivan Zhakov

I'm more than happy to jump back in, but want to check with Ivan first. No
need to duplicate our efforts.

Paul B.

Re: Feature request: rename after move/copy

Posted by Paul Burba <pa...@softlanding.com>.
"Ivan Zhakov" <ch...@gmail.com> wrote on 07/12/2006 04:17:49 PM:

> On 7/12/06, Paul Burba <pa...@softlanding.com> wrote:
> > I'm more than happy to jump back in, but want to check with Ivan
first. No
> > need to duplicate our efforts.
> >
> Paul,
> Please take it in your hands, because I've changed my job and
> unfortunately cannot spend to much time to Subversion now :( Sorry.
> I've reviewed your and rooneg patch -- it looks good, one thing that
> code for detecting copyfrom_url should be factored out in separated
> function.
>
> --
> Ivan Zhakov

Hi Ivan,

Ok, I'll do that.  Good luck in your new position and hope to see you
back.

For everyone else, watch this space, an updated patch coming shortly.

Paul B.

Re: Feature request: rename after move/copy

Posted by Paul Burba <pa...@softlanding.com>.

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <ch...@gmail.com>.