Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Lian Jiang <ji...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/09 16:51:00 UTC

ambari UI cannot connect to oracle database due to "cannot find jdbc driver"

Hi,

I am setting up Ranger in HDP2.6 using pre-existing oracle databases. In
ambari UI, I test the connection to the oracle database but it failed
because ambari cannot find ojdbc8.jar. The error message asks me to setup
ambari using:

ambari-server setup --jdbc-db=oracle
--jdbc-driver=/usr/share/java/ojdbc8.jar

My ambari server is currently setup using default postgres db and I don't
want to change due to Ranger. How can I make ambari server find the
ojdbc8.jar so that ambari UI can connect to my oracle db? Thanks for any
hints.