Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Jakub Kozisek <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/15 19:24:17 UTC

Unable to send validation emails [was Re: Unable to send emails]

Hello,

week ago I posted here problem with Continuum instalation that was not able
to send emails throwing this exception:

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2008/02/07 15:16:31 |
org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.MailSenderException: Error while sending the
message.
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2008/02/07 15:16:31 |       at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)
INFO   | jvm 1    | 2008/02/07 15:16:31 | Caused by:
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 553 5.5.4 <li...@localhost>...
Real domain name required for sen
der address

I played some more with Continuum and found something interesting - this
exception is thrown only when sending validation emails. If I build a
project and with mail notification configured, everything is working like a
charm. This smells like a bug to me. Any ideas why from-mailbox property
value from application.xml is used when sending notification emails, but not
during validation process? Is it known or I'm doing something wrong?

Thank you for your answers!

Regards,

Jakub Kozisek

Re: Unable to send validation emails [was Re: Unable to send emails]

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 15, 2008 11:24 AM, Jakub Kozisek <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I played some more with Continuum and found something interesting - this
> exception is thrown only when sending validation emails. If I build a
> project and with mail notification configured, everything is working like a
> charm. This smells like a bug to me. Any ideas why from-mailbox property
> value from application.xml is used when sending notification emails, but not
> during validation process? Is it known or I'm doing something wrong?

I don't know the reason, but it makes sense that the behavior could be
different.

Continuum incorporates Redback [1] for the user/security bits, so that
is what is sending the validation email.  The build results come from
Continuum itself.

[1] http://redback.codehaus.org

--
Wendy