Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/22 20:26:20 UTC

[OT] Web application for pushing contents

Hi
We have an requirement where we want to update
contents on a webpage automatically after 2 hours.
I was doing to research if i can do it using push
technology, for example our webapplication (written in
struts) will push data to these client machines, after
2 hours and refresh the display page there, with a jpg
image or some thing.
Has anyone any pointers for doing this, is it possible
to do it?
or should we just a microsoft scheduler and a batch
file which will open a html page with request to
server after 2 hours.

Regards

Ashish

Re: [OT] Web application for pushing contents

Posted by Adnan Durrani <ad...@icesoft.com>.
Hi,
I don't know how it could be achieved using the struts, maybe store a
HttpServletResponse object into a Thread, and sleep it for every 2 hours and
write out the contents using the same response object. but I thing ICEfaces
doing the exactly samething what you are looking for:
http://www.icesoft.ca/products/demos_icefaces.html
check out the autcionMonitor and timezone demo, the time clicks are being
sent from the server.

Thanks,
Adnan