Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Mark Lange <ma...@marlan.info> on 2008/07/17 14:23:38 UTC

Problem with Link from JSP to JSF Form

Hi,
I have a JSF form, that forwards to an JSP. In the JSP is a normal html link
that points back to the jsf form.
When an user submits the jsf form with all the required fields, the user is
forwarded to the jsp, when the user now clicks on the link the user comes
back to the jsf form and all filled in values are correct recovered.
But when the user submits the form without filling all required fields and
then correct the errors and resubmit the form, the user is forwarded to the
jsp. But when the user now clicks on the link the jsf form is empty.
When I change the JSP to JSF and the backlink to an commandLink, the
formvalues are recovered correct in both cases, but this is not an
alternative for me.
How can I fix this?
Thanks mark

Re: Problem with Link from JSP to JSF Form

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like your managed beans might not have proper scope - but it is
hard to tell from your description.

In any case, there should not be a difference between the two use-cases.

regards,

Martin

On 7/17/08, Mark Lange <ma...@marlan.info> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a JSF form, that forwards to an JSP. In the JSP is a normal html link
> that points back to the jsf form.
> When an user submits the jsf form with all the required fields, the user is
> forwarded to the jsp, when the user now clicks on the link the user comes
> back to the jsf form and all filled in values are correct recovered.
> But when the user submits the form without filling all required fields and
> then correct the errors and resubmit the form, the user is forwarded to the
> jsp. But when the user now clicks on the link the jsf form is empty.
> When I change the JSP to JSF and the backlink to an commandLink, the
> formvalues are recovered correct in both cases, but this is not an
> alternative for me.
> How can I fix this?
> Thanks mark

http://www.irian.at