Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Kwirirai Nhakwi <kw...@designat7.co.zw> on 2003/02/26 17:10:47 UTC

Evaluate formula in cell

Hi Guys

I am new to POI and having trouble in figuring out how
you can read a cell that has a formula and evaluating it,
a simple example that I can follow would help

thanks

kwiri

RE: Evaluate formula in cell

Posted by Kwirirai Nhakwi <kw...@designat7.co.zw>.

Finaly found the method, probably  I was suffering from severe
laziness!!
I just had to use :
HSSFCell.CELL_TYPE_FORMULA:
Cell.getNumericCellValue()
Just put this here incase someone is looking for the same solution

thanks