Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net> on 2002/08/08 17:03:17 UTC

Slide as a Document Management System

Hi all,

I would like to implement a web based document management system, pretty much like
the BSCW or a web based CVS. The system shall be used in a bigger system, which for
instance does the authentication. It seems Slide could be a good choice.
Unfortunately I absolutely don't know how I could make use of it, i.e. what I have to
do. Is it just deploying the slide.war and configuring the xml files? Or do I have to
write my own servlets? Is there a documentation which addresses this subject? I feel
so lost with the information I found.

Unfortunately the name "Slide" isn't well chosen regarding searching in Google etc:
slide is a frequently used term. Most hits don't have anything to do with Jakarta
Slide, instead there's a lot of "presentation stuff noise".

Thanks a lot in advance.

Andreas