Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Charlie Jackson <Ch...@cision.com> on 2010/07/23 19:31:58 UTC

Allow custom overrides

I need to implement a search engine that will allow users to override
pieces of data and then search against or view that data. For example, a
doc that has the following values:

DocId   Fulltext                Meta1      Meta2     Meta3

1       The quick brown fox     foo        foo       foo

Now say a user overrides Meta2 :

DocId   Fulltext                Meta1      Meta2     Meta3

1       The quick brown fox     foo        foo       foo

                                           bar

For that user, if they search for Meta2:bar, I need to hit, but no other
user should hit on it. Likewise, if that user searches for Meta2:foo, it
should not hit. Also, any searches against that document for that user
should return the value 'bar' for Meta2, but should return 'foo' for
other users.

I'm not sure the best way to implement this. Maybe I could do this with
field collapsing somehow? Or with payloads? Custom analyzer? Any help
would be appreciated.

- Charlie