Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ap...@phptrainer.net on 2007/08/04 23:47:10 UTC

[users@httpd] Any idea how to get the second SSL cert working?

I have 2 certs installed.  One is for the main site and the other is for a
subdomain.  Both are set up as "VirtualHost"s in the ssl.conf file.  I
also set the default one to use the primary site's certs.  The certs are
from GoDaddy.  I have a NameVirtualHost specified for port 80 and port
443.  It seems like I have everything covered, but I go to the subdomain
and it tells me it's using the cert for the main site.  The main site cert
does appear to be working properly.  Any ideas?

Side note... I'm trying to point port 80 and 443 to the same directory on
the server for the main site.  Could that be causing the problem?

Re: [users@httpd] Any idea how to get the second SSL cert working?

Posted by ap...@phptrainer.net.
> Sounds like you are trying to do ssl hosting with name-based virtual
> hosts. That won't work. An explanation is here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/NameBasedSSLVHosts
>
> Joshua.

Yup - that's it exactly.  Thanks Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Any idea how to get the second SSL cert working?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.