Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Ja...@radioman.fi on 2000/09/14 12:20:05 UTC

Initialize/Terminate

Hello all,

In the august there seemed to be a discussion regarding encapsulation
of initialize/terminate to the global static object. This suggestion
was turned down due the numerous problems. In my tests I've wrapped
initialization/termination of Xerces in to the Singleton-pattern, so
that any application can 'initialize' parser, but the actual call to
XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize() is performed only once. Would it be
reasonable to incorporate this modification to the Xerces ? I think
it would solve the initialization problems when multiple shared
libraries in the same process are using Xerces.

     //-----------------------------------------------------------//
    //  Jari Korkiakoski                      Jutel Oy,          //
   //  Software Engineer                     Teknologiantie 11, //
  //  E-Mail: jari.korkiakoski@radioman.fi  FIN-90570 Oulu,    //
 //  Tel: +358-8-551 4807                  FINLAND            //
//-----------------------------------------------------------//

Re: Initialize/Terminate

Posted by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com>.
I think that's already in place in the current source code in CVS, in some
form or another.

Dean Roddey
The CIDLib C++ Frameworks
Charmed Quark Software
droddey@charmedquark.com
http://www.charmedquark.com

"It takes two buttocks to make friction"
    - African Proverb