Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org> on 2017/09/18 13:16:04 UTC

Missing Hama Board Report - time for the Attic?

(bcc: board@, private@)

Dear Edward J. Yoon and the Apache Hama PMC and community:

The board report for Hama has not yet been submitted for this month's
board meeting, nor has one been submitted for the past month's board
meeting.

  https://www.apache.org/foundation/board/reporting

Given the lack of activity across the project in recent months, I think
it's time to ask: is there still an active community here, and in
particular, are there still at least three active PMC members who could
prepare and vote on a software release if a security issue were found?

I hate to be the one to say it, but if the PMC can't show sufficient
active members, then it will be time to think of moving the project to
the Attic.  That means that all project resources will be turned
read-only, and a notice will be placed on the website saying that while
the code and past discussions are available for history, that the
project is no longer actively maintained.

  https://attic.apache.org/

Thanks,

 Shane Curcuru

(on behalf of the ASF Board)

Re: Missing Hama Board Report - time for the Attic?

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@apache.org>.
Hama folk,

The report for the Hama project didn't make it in to the board.

If you want to continue as a functioning project, it is important that you
report to the board regularly and on schedule as well as to function as a
project by making releases, fixing bugs and adding PMC members and
committers.

Please figure out how to make this happen.

Posted by JongYoon Lim <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Chia-Hung Lin <cl...@googlemail.com>.
Happy to see this.