Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by cameron <ca...@ogmios.ca> on 2003/04/18 21:20:30 UTC

newbie question

Can someone point me towards a howto or a faq on howto setup Tomcat so
that each of my users can have JSPs, (ie in their ~/public_html).

It seems to me, (granted being very new at this), that to use JSPs, we
have to map a directory to Tomcat... is there no way to just say... any
file ending in "jsp" should be dealt with by Tomcat and leave the rest
to Apache?

Thanks

-Cam

Re: newbie question

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
If you are using mod_jk, this is done with JkMount:

JkMount /*.jsp ajp13

Then you have to configure Tomcat for the correct Host and Context.  If you
want to use the ~user method of virtual hosting, check out the "User Web
Applications" section here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/host.html

John